Acquisition Marketing Associate / Senior Associate
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
The Petal Mission
Petal’s mission is to expand access to opportunity, by making responsible, modern financial services available to everyone. Founded in 2016, Petal provides technology-enabled credit cards to consumers who are historically underserved by mainstream providers.
Petal pioneered automated cash flow underwriting, a transformative new approach to assessing consumer creditworthiness with the potential to expand access to tens of millions of U.S. consumers without credit history, or for whom traditional credit scores do not tell the whole story. Petal pairs this groundbreaking, data-driven underwriting technology with a mobile-first, digitally native product experience designed to help users manage and build credit responsibly. For Petal, it’s a mission as much as it is a business—with a goal to reimagine finance for the next generation of consumers.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Acquisition Marketing role
At Petal, our mission is to provide simple, honest, accessible, and affordable credit to the millions of people who are new-to-credit. To achieve this goal, our Marketing team plays a crucial role in targeting potential customers and spreading the word more broadly. As a valued member of our Acquisitions team, this role offers a unique opportunity for a tremendous amount of exposure to all aspects of Lending and new account originations, extending beyond the traditional Marketing focus. The ideal candidate would have existing experience in affiliate marketing, be highly analytical, self-motivated and curious, and an organized, structured project manager.
As an Associate / Senior Associate, you are responsible for the day-to-day management and performance of Petal’s customer acquisition strategy. You will collaborate with the Head of Growth and the VP of Marketing on the long-term customer acquisition strategy - from channel mix and audience segmentation, to funnel optimization and analytics. The role requires a deep knowledge of online and offline advertising platforms, growth best practices, analytics tools, and market research.
- Manage, optimize, and scale Petal’s affiliate marketing program.
- Execute data-driven marketing strategies to acquire and retain customers.
- Collaborate with Product, Creative, and Credit Risk teams to improve the conversion rate of our application funnel.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute direct solicitation campaigns.
- Manage external marketing and data partners to drive incremental scale and efficiency for Petal’s performance marketing campaigns.
- Optimize Petal’s customer acquisition strategy for profitability and other critical business objectives.
- Partner closely with our Creative, Consumer Insights, and Compliance teams to create effective and compliant ads in this ever-changing environment.
- Partner with Finance and Analytics teams to develop dashboards to help the growth team monitor, analyze, and report KPIs and growth initiatives.
- Oversee the testing and execution of other channels and tactics including, but not limited to: Direct Mail, Paid Social, Search, and Website.
- Plan Petal’s acquisition marketing channels from concept to implementation. This includes but is not limited to Direct Mail (DM), Paid Social, Paid Search and SEO channels.
- Engage in channel analysis to drive optimization.
- Implement creative and landing page testing.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Prior experience in performance marketing and campaign management experience, ideally at a consumer lending company.
- Proficient with Excel, SQL, Powerpoint, and Google Analytics and should be comfortable with manipulating data sets (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, joining tables, forecasting, and handling budget/performance).
- Strong analytical skills and experience with experimentation and A/B testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation for communication strategy, design, and customer experience.
- Ability to think strategically and provide high-level input, but not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work quickly, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Well-organized and proficient at prioritizing and managing projects from multiple streams of work.
- Ability to work with data to identify marketing opportunities and uncover insights.
- Passionate and a self-starter who drives high impact projects forward with minimal guidance.
- Proven success in handling ambiguity and a fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
- Strong connection to Petal’s mission and values.
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Experience working at a startup/credit card company.
- Experience managing and optimizing direct mail, search and paid social campaigns.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Amplitude, Optimize, and Looker.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re proud to be different, together.
Petal provides standard ranges in order to be compliant with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates. The compensation information provided here is based on a good faith estimate at the time of this job posting. The salary range for this position is $100,000 - 163,000. Ranges are based on function, level, and office location, and are benchmarked against similar stage companies. Exact compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and office location, and may vary above or below from the amounts listed above.
This role is based in our Virtual Office (Remote), with the ability to align to either our NYC or Richmond (RVA) offices based on candidate location.
For our California employment information privacy statement, please click here.