Imagen Technologies is a high growth healthcare startup enabling patients to be diagnosed, treated, and managed at their primary care appointment (vs. having to refer out to hospitals, imaging centers and other slow and expensive options). Today, we’ve built an AI-enabled platform that enables patients to receive immediate diagnostic tests, immediate results, and immediate next steps – all in a single Primary Care appointment. For example: through our platform, women across the U.S. are now receiving comprehensive breast imaging, results, and specialist-driven next steps at their local Primary Care office, condensing a multi-month diagnostic journey into 60 minutes.
With over $135m in funding from Google Ventures and some of the largest clinical networks in the country, we are rapidly expanding this platform across the U.S. - from 7 states and 50,000 patients in 2022, to 16 states and 500,000 patients in 2023. By 2026, we will be delivering care across 35 states and to more than 5m patients per year.
We are looking for an experienced IT Director with a distinct background in high-growth startups, within the healthcare, health tech, or tech sectors, or from exceptionally high performing organizations that have gone through rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding goals, refining processes and excels in navigating through dynamic environments. As the IT Director, you'll spearhead our corporate IT strategies and oversee the realm of IT support services, which includes our expanding network of customer healthcare clinics. The IT Director will oversee the service desk team as well as IT engineers and report to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead a team of IT professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Oversee the IT support team responsible for providing timely and effective technical assistance to employees
- Monitor and enhance the IT ticketing system, tracking issues to resolution and implementing preventive measures.
- Collaborate with other departments in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies that enhance operational efficiency and user experience.
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners to negotiate contracts, ensure service level agreements are met, and manage vendor relationships.
- Develop and manage the IT department budget, making cost-effective decisions that align with the company's financial goals.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations (e.g., HIPAA) and data privacy standards, and lead initiatives to achieve relevant certifications.
- May require occasional travel to our IT office located in New York, NY
- May require occasional travel to our client sites to provide IT support in delivering our clinical services
- Proven experience (6+ years) in progressively responsible IT leadership roles, including at least 2 years in a Director-level position or above.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience managing IT support for geographically distributed locations or clinics is preferred.
- Strong background in healthcare technology solutions, understanding of clinical workflows, and familiarity with HIPAA regulations are preferred.
- Expertise in infrastructure management, cybersecurity, networking, or cloud technologies preferred.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, PMP, or ITIL are preferred.
Our headquarters are based in New York, NY and this is a hybrid role that requires occasional travel to the office. Given our IT department supports the entire company as well as external vendors, the ability to travel to our headquarters in Harlem, New York and to client sites upon short notice is critical (~5%).
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base salary for the position is between $155,000 - $190,000, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Imagen Technologies maintains a Substance Abuse and Testing policy. Being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances while on the job or while conducting business on Imagen’s behalf is prohibited. Imagen reserves the right to test any applicant or employee for alcohol and/or drug use, subject to compliance with any applicable state and/or federal laws.