Director of Equipment & Installations
Imagen Technologies is a high growth healthcare startup enabling patients to be diagnosed, treated, and managed at their primary care appointment (vs. having to refer out to hospitals, imaging centers and other slow and expensive options). Today, we’ve built an AI-enabled platform that enables patients to receive immediate diagnostic tests, immediate results, and immediate next steps – all in a single Primary Care appointment. For example: through our platform, women across the U.S. are now receiving comprehensive breast imaging, results, and specialist-driven next steps at their local Primary Care office, condensing a multi-month diagnostic journey into 60 minutes.
With over $135m in funding from Google Ventures and some of the largest clinical networks in the country, we are rapidly expanding this platform across the U.S. - from 7 states and 50,000 patients in 2022, to 16 states and 500,000 patients in 2023. By 2026, we will be delivering care across 35 states and to more than 5m patients per year.
We’re looking for a Director of Installations to create and operate a team which deploys and integrates medical imaging equipment into primary care and multispecialty settings across the United States. In this role you and your team will be responsible for planning and executing the installation of mammography, X-ray, ultrasound, and other equipment at physician practices with a constant focus on professionalism and client satisfaction. On day one you will play an integral part in building the Installations team at Imagen with a focus on establishing an organization which can deliver across multiple deployment projects and 15-30 active clients. The success of our clients depends on you and your team, so our ideal candidates have deep modality installation experience, excellent client-facing communication skills, and a track record of managing 5-10 direct reports.
As a Director of Installations, you will:
- Work with new and existing Imagen clients to identify, create, and configure imaging suites within their practices.
- Build & manage a team of Installation Specialists to coordinate and enable the delivery, installation, configuration, and certification of imaging equipment at physician practices across the United States.
- Establish a “playbook” for success, including ideal imaging suite configurations, clear project plans, and customer success materials.
- Be responsible for the timely delivery of both reactive and proactive technical support services on deployed imaging equipment both remotely and at customer sites.
- Serve as a feedback loop for Imagen on what is working, areas for improvement, and potential changes to be aware of on the ground at the provider.
You will love this job if:
- You are a subject matter expert in medical imaging equipment. You have OEM or 3rd party installation project management experience of multiple imaging modalities.
- You are familiar with various regulatory certification requirements and processes, such as MQSA for mammography.
- You are familiar with building plans, regulatory requirements for imaging equipment, radiation guidelines, electrical planning, and HVAC systems.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop trust and credibility with key practice personnel
- You have the managerial experience required to remotely oversee a diverse team of travel and onsite personnel
- You have obtained a 4-year degree or have commensurate work experience in Project Management at OEM or 3rd party installation companies
- You are passionate about improving the lives of patients and primary care providers.
You should get in touch if:
- You have existing OEM or 3rd party Mammography or X-ray installation project management experience
- You are are capable of managing multiple workstream simultaneous, being highly organized and professional throughout
- You are able to be in field with providers for ~25-50% of the time
Our headquarters are based in New York, NY and this job is conducted remotely.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base salary for the position is between $130,000 - $160,000 plus equity and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Imagen Technologies maintains a Substance Abuse and Testing policy. Being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances while on the job or while conducting business on Imagen’s behalf is prohibited. Imagen reserves the right to test any applicant or employee for alcohol and/or drug use, subject to compliance with any applicable state and/or federal laws.