Senior Analytics Engineer
Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to be a part of our growing Data Science team. You’ll be responsible for partnering directly with business teams to develop and maintain the LookML data schema in Looker to enable self-service for front-end users and Analysts to access common business data needs.
This role will join Hungryroot’s Data Science team and you’ll report to our Data Engineering Manager. In this critical role, you will work closely with our Analysts and Data Engineers to collaborate and design data warehouse schemas to improve Looker functionality and performance. Lastly, this person will become the subject matter expert of our Looker Data Model and raw data so they can easily assist Analysts across different teams when building out new data relationships in Looker. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Work with Analysts and Data Engineering team to develop data schemas in LookML and Databricks (SparkSQL)
- Be the owner of Looker schema (LookML) and all the Looker data schema definitions, as well as input data table design. Will own Looker monitoring usage and performance.
- Work with business teams to understand reporting needs (scope, cadence, precision, lag) and work with data engineers to implement necessary data transformations/pipeline to fulfill such needs.
- Be the Hungryroot subject matter expert for Looker data schema.
- 3+ years LookML data modeling in Looker
- 2+ years SQL data analytics and/or data engineering work using Databricks (SparkSQL)
- 2+ years of helping to maintain (not just using) a BI platform (Looker). Including building visualizations and exposing/transforming data
- Knowledge of database concepts (indexes, query plans) and experience with Analytical Data Modeling
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to teach Analysts how to build better data schemas and visualizations
- Contextual understanding of problems to be solved, e.g. the larger goal vs an immediate technical solution, and be able to spot a better solution as a result
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.