Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Hungryroot is the only grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating simple, personal, and sustainable. Our mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook and love healthy foods. By leveraging AI to create a truly personalized experience, we save customers time and worry, all while introducing them to new foods and helping them achieve their health objectives.
People are at the center of everything we do here at Hungryroot. We are a remote-first company with a hub office in NYC. It’s up to you how and where you want to work; we care about outcomes and your contribution to our company. Our work, our decisions, and our culture are deeply-rooted in the values of being positive, proactive, and transparent. We’re incredibly proud of our team and hope that you’ll join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer to be a part of our growing QA team. You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Hungryroot’s automated testing frameworks, and will collaborate closely with our development teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
This role will join Hungryroot’s QA team and you’ll report to our QA Manager. In this critical role you will be analyzing system requirements, identifying areas for test automation, and creating and executing automated test scripts before integrating them into our development pipeline. Additionally, the QA Automation Engineer will be able to provide mentorship and work closely with QA and Dev team members. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Automated Test and Framework Development: Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable automation to ensure efficient and comprehensive test coverage for our site and applications.
- Collaboration with Dev Teams: Work closely with developers, PMs, and QA to understand system requirements, identify test scenarios, and integrate automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Quality Assurance Leadership: Provide technical leadership and mentorship to QA team members, promoting best practices in test automation, code reviews, and ensuring adherence to quality standards throughout the SDLC.
- Embedded QA for a Dev Team: Responsible for integrating quality assurance processes directly into the SDLC, collaborating closely with developers to identify and address potential issues early in the process. This role involves not only testing software for defects but also actively participating in the development workflow.
- Process Enhancement and Innovation: Evaluate and improve testing processes, methodologies, and tools to increase our efficiency and effectiveness. Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in QA automation to drive innovation within our team.
- Collaborative Problem Solving: Actively participate in troubleshooting and debugging code issues, working closely with developers to identify root causes, and contribute to the resolution of defects.
- 2+ years SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience with back-end and front-end automation frameworks (Selenium, Cypress, Pytest, Playwright, etc.)
- Experience with Jira
- Experience working in an A/B Testing environment
- Experience partnering closely with Developers and promoting best practices for QA
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Git, Postman, Confluence
Perks & Benefits
- Remote-first: work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere in the US. You decide!
- Equity stake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A WFH stipend to support your initial home-office setup
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.