Hungryroot is the only grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating simple, personal, and sustainable. Our mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook and love healthy foods. By leveraging AI to create a truly personalized experience, we save customers time and worry, all while introducing them to new foods and helping them achieve their health objectives.
People are at the center of everything we do here at Hungryroot. We are a remote-first company with a hub office in NYC. It’s up to you how and where you want to work; we care about outcomes and your contribution to our company. Our work, our decisions, and our culture are deeply-rooted in the values of being positive, proactive, and transparent. We’re incredibly proud of our team and hope that you’ll join us!
About the Role
Hungryroot is looking for a strategic, thoughtful Senior Designer to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll collaborate with creative directors, copywriters, photographers, designers, and other teams to develop and execute concepts from start to finish. As a valued member of the Marketing team, you’ll help grow and elevate our design system across digital, paid, and print channels.
You’ll be joining a team of smart and empathetic go-getters with a “no job is too big or too small” attitude. You’ll play an important role in Hungryroot’s mission to transform how people shop for groceries, eat, and live healthfully.
- Create effective, engaging designs across all brand touchpoints: email, web, organic and paid social, direct mail, printed collateral, product packaging, and ad hoc projects
- Execute and advocate using our established visual guidelines, while simultaneously pushing the system and executions to be better
- Contribute to the creative vision and manage execution from concept to completion
- Proactively and positively collaborate and communicate within Marketing and across teams
- Be equal parts imaginative and pragmatic, meeting deadlines and getting ahead of any issues
- Advocate for the customer through creative that supports every step of their Hungryroot journey
- Clear communication of your ideas and questions — always digging deeper to understand the strategy, customer POV, business priorities, etc.
- Constantly learning and trying new things (working in new mediums, testing AI image generation, etc)
- You have 4-5 years of experience bringing brands to life through digital and physical channels, including at an agency and/or design-led consumer brand
- You have a body of work that demonstrates your curiosity and ability to problem solve
- You’re comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively, and can confidently give feedback to external teams
- You’re excited about bringing a brand to life through multiple touchpoints, and are comfortable moving from digital product design to packaging to marketing design
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while prioritizing your health and mental well-being
- You have an appreciation for well designed products and experiences
Perks & Benefits
- Remote-first: work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere in the US. You decide!
- Equity stake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A WFH stipend to support your initial home-office setup
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.