Technical Project Manager (TPM)
Working at Compyl is much more than a job. It’s for those searching for an opportunity to forge a new path, create new markets, and attempt to do things that have never been done before. Each day, we challenge the status quo by critically thinking of innovative ways to solve the problems organizations face in the information security and compliance industry.
Compyl leads the information security industry with a cutting-edge, all-in-one automated security solution for organizations facing compliance and regulatory challenges.
Our product rapidly matures customers’ information security environments, automating workflows to ensure manual, error-prone, redundant tasks are always complete and accounted for. Our cloud-based services use unique integrations so customers can foresee incidents, capitalize on opportunities, and advance their organizations without worrying about compliance concerns.
Working with Compyl:
Compyl understands the difference each individual can make. We operate with transparency and minimal bureaucracy, provide clear work objectives for employees, and help staff focus on what matters to grow within the organization.
We are looking for motivated, talented people who want to achieve big things. As a Compyl employee, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company.
- Ability to work anywhere
- A fantastic market niche in an extremely fast-growing market segment with huge untapped customer demand.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but trust that you are the expert.
- Manages the execution and delivery of projects by teams both internal & external, and onsite & remote
- Develops project plans, monitors, and communicates progress to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Managing the overall engineering and development process, from ideation to deployment
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to define and execute product roadmaps
- Sets expectations regarding process and outcomes; navigating changes that arise, and escalating technical and non-technical issues appropriately
- Identifies gaps and anticipates risks; takes action to connect technical and non-technical parties, address risks and determine solutions
- Facilitates and oversees the development process using software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (e.g., Agile/Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Continually looks for potential areas of improvement
- Effectively builds relationships with peer teams to influence project priority and delivery
- Adept in a fast-paced environment to manage multiple-concurrent deliveries
- Planning and orchestrating complex software projects, including defining project goals, scope, budget, and timelines
- Identifying and resolving technical obstacles that may impact the project’s success
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are informed of the project’s progress and potential risks- Managing project resources, including budget, personnel, and infrastructure
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders, including executives, customers, and team members
- Assesses issues by identifying likely root causes and consequences
- You are a motivated, enthusiastic person looking for a rewarding position with an innovative startup and want to achieve big things with us.
- You thrive in a team environment but can also work independently.
- You’re aware and willing to understand there are many ways to complete a task. You’re open and willing to collaborate on alternative solutions to the norm.
- You are naturally curious about technologies. You welcome opportunities to learn about different technologies and expand your skill set.
- A self starter that can manage their own workload and an ever-growing task list.
- You are passionate about testing and validating exciting new technology and want to provide customers with the best possible experience.
- Experience with B2B SaaS services desirable
- 4-6 years Project Management experience
- 3+ years working experience in the Atlassian suite
- 2+ years working experience in Agile methodology
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Project manager, Product Owner certification preferred
Nice to Have
- Experience in the information security and/or compliance field
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience with successful delivery and management of digital projects, particularly with streaming, OTT, and mobile products
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong people skills and ability to work across functions
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats
Our Testing Technologies
- Atlassian Suite
- Azure DevOps
- Cloud infrastructure: Azure Suite (App Services, DBs, etc)
- Collaboration: GitHub for our public and private code, pull requests for peer reviews
- See more at stackshare.io/infosectoolkit
What we offer in return
- Remote Working or come to our Brooklyn offices. We don’t mind.
- Fantastic market niche. You will be joining a fast-growing market segment with lots of untapped customer demand and experience in a fast-growing IT sector.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but also trust that you are the expert and, therefore, know best.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical)
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Compyl