Technical Q/A Analyst
Working at Compyl is much more than a job. It’s for those searching for an opportunity to forge a new path, create new markets and attempt to do things that have never been done before. Each day, we challenge the status quo by critically thinking of innovative ways to solve the problems organizations face in the information security and compliance industry.
Compyl leads the information security industry with a cutting-edge, all-in-one automated security solution for organizations facing compliance and regulatory challenges.
Our product rapidly matures customers’ information security environments, automating workflows to ensure manual, error-prone, redundant tasks are always complete and accounted for. Our cloud-based services use unique integrations so that customers can foresee incidents, capitalize on opportunities and advance their organizations without having to worry about compliance concerns.
Working with Compyl:
Compyl understands the difference each individual can make. We operate with transparency and minimal bureaucracy, provide clear work objectives for employees, and help staff focus on what matters to grow within the organization.
We are looking for motivated, talented people who want to achieve big things. As a Compyl employee, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company.
- Ability to work anywhere
- A fantastic market niche in an extremely fast-growing market segment with huge untapped customer demand.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but trust that you are the expert.
- Support development of new and existing features via regression testing, manual testing, and automation testing
- Participate in collaborative design sessions while upholding a quality customer and employee driven culture
- Partner with business analysts, product managers, clients and other developers in order to fully understand customer expectations and implement solutions which meet their requirements.
- Be an active voice and influence for the application. Make your skillset shine on a team that understands no one is an expert at everything
- You are a motivated, enthusiastic person looking for a rewarding position with an innovative startup and want to achieve big things with us.
- You thrive in a team environment but can also work independently.
- You’re aware and willing to understand there are many ways to complete a task. You’re open and willing to collaborate on alternative solutions to the norm.
- You are naturally curious about technologies. You welcome opportunities to learn about different technologies and expand your skill set.
- A self starter that can manage their own workload and an ever-growing task list.
- You are passionate about testing and validating exciting new technology and want to provide customers with the best possible experience.
- Experience with B2B SaaS services desirable
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage test plans, test suites, and test cases across multiple projects.
- Manually Test a variety of applications, tracking test execution data
- Provide feedback for UI/UX improvements/enhancements
- Create and track bugs/defects throughout the software development lifecycle in Jira
- Troubleshoot and debug user issues with applications
- Collaborate with Development and Product teams to identify parameters, environment configs and edge cases
- Have 0-3 years of relevant experience in previous QA roles
- Experience within an agile environment
- Have solid technical troubleshooting skills & experience
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps or another significant bug tracking and project management system
- Experience using a test management tool.
- 0-1 year of experience using selenium
- We use selenium, BDD / Gherkin, and specflow for test automation
Nice to Have
- Experience in the information security and/or compliance field
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience writing code
- Experience with automated testing using Selenium, Cypress, or any other framework
Our Testing Technologies
- Azure DevOps
- Cloud infrastructure: Azure Suite (App Services, DBs, etc)
- Collaboration: GitHub for our public and private code, pull requests for peer reviews
- See more at stackshare.io/infosectoolkit
What we offer in return
- Remote Working or come to our Brooklyn offices. We don’t mind.
- Fantastic market niche. You will be joining a fast-growing market segment with lots of untapped customer demand and experience in a fast growing sector of IT.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but also trust that you are the expert and therefore know best.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical)
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Compyl