This is your opportunity to join a fast-growing well-funded B2B SaaS startup. Compyl is disrupting the information security industry with a cutting-edge all-in-one security solution for organizations facing compliance and regulatory challenges.
Our unique market position and expertise enable us to rapidly mature our customers’ information security environments while automating workflows to ensure manual, error-prone, redundant tasks are routinely met and accounted for. Our cloud-based services perform complicated calculations using unique integrations to provide insights to the customers on foreseeing incidents and capitalizing on opportunities for improvements, allowing the customers to focus on their core business.
Compyl is a growing company that understands the difference each individual can make. We operate with transparency and minimal bureaucracy, provide clarity on how our objectives impact your work, and help you focus your efforts on what matters for the business. We can offer significant progression as you grow with us.
Our team is rapidly growing as we have set our expectations high and are looking for motivated, talented, people that want to achieve big things with us.
You’ll start each day collaborating with multiple teams to understand responsibilities, identify any issues, and communicate priorities. Reporting to our Product Manager, the UX/UI Designer will be detail-oriented, obsessed with pixel perfection, and able to participate in the conceptual development and delivery of cross-platform, end-to-end experiences within a collaborative team environment. The UX/UI Designer will lead creative direction and collaborate with marketing, technology, and creative teams to design compelling marketing campaigns and visually engaging and intuitive website interfaces that evoke our brand and inspire potential customers.
You have experience measuring product effectiveness, reporting outcomes, and driving priorities. You’ll speak to internal and external stakeholders to communicate and defend ideas while answering critical questions.
What else will you do as a UX\UI Designer?
- Establish a UX/UI design system, process, and methodology.
- Create a unified style guide for digital products in collaboration with the creative director and marketing.
- Conduct user research, design concept testing, and analysis to ensure optimal UX and UI for our target audiences.
- Utilize UX/UI best practices to design/update website pages and customer touchpoints.
- Design new landing pages that align with our marketing content/objectives and improve CVRs.
- Support creative team with additional design needs such as social content, product designs, etc.
- Gather information about the next features. Friendly chats with the Head of Product and the CEO are usually the means for that, but this also includes joining them on meetings with our partners and the interaction with other members of the team.
- Review the current state of the application and suggest changes. We believe in continuous improvement, and that no job is ever finished when it comes to user experience and design. There is always room to make our solution better, and we encourage it.
- Help defend simplicity. The next big idea always looks great, but it must fit nicely among everything we’ve built thus far.
- Answer questions from engineering and QAs. We try to anticipate as many edge cases as we can, as long as it doesn’t feel like over-engineering, and oftentimes we discover new things to address while implementing or testing. We foster close collaboration between product, engineering, and quality assurance so that the end product feels great to use.
- Create storyboards. To better communicate with every member in our team what is coming next, and also to research and identify pitfalls we may get our users into.
- Create beautiful UI designs. To keep our platform pleasing to our users and ourselves.
- Maintain and standardize our component palette. So that our platform feels like one entity.
- Sketch concept designs, to help drive interest and communicate the purpose of ideas we are eager to pursue.
- Building clickable wireframes prototypes.
- Knowledge of UX\UI principles, frameworks, and best practices.
- 4+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Figma, Wireframe. cc, and InVision).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort working in remote, distributed teams.
- Interest in Lean Software Development, feature specification and analysis.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience in B2B software.
- General knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong portfolio showing proven experience as a digital designer.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine colors, fonts, layouts and copy.
- Collaborative mindset and not afraid to fail when pitching innovative ideas.
- Creative problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with various audiences at different seniority levels.
- Self-starter and goal-oriented with a demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- An understanding of security frameworks and best practices including SOC2, ISO27001, NIST, etc.
- You have a diverse skill set across both advisory and technical security competencies.
- You think first about the value that customers will derive from your work, and understand the need for feedback and change.
- You are looking for a small company environment, where the business is evolving, there are opportunities to progress, and you are relied on to deliver.
- Subject matter expertise, outstanding communication skills, market knowledge, leadership ability, innovative, strong researching skills, have the ability to think and balance tactical and strategic approaches.
- Experience with B2B SaaS services.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, equity stake.
- Work anywhere you want. We don’t mind, as long as you get your job done.
- Fantastic market niche. You will be joining an extremely fast-growing market segment with lots of untapped customer demand.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but also trust that you are the expert and therefore know best.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Up to $160,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 2 years
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Quiet office, occasional visits, remote work otherwise. If you’re comfortable, we’re comfortable.