Product Marketing Manager
Working at Compyl is much more than a job. It’s for those searching for an opportunity to forge a new path, create new markets and attempt to do things that have never been done before. Each day, we challenge the status quo by critically thinking of innovative ways to solve the problems organizations face in the information security and compliance industry.
Compyl leads the information security industry with a cutting-edge, all-in-one automated security solution for organizations facing compliance and regulatory challenges.
Our product rapidly matures customers’ information security environments, automating workflows to ensure manual, error-prone, redundant tasks are always complete and accounted for. Our cloud-based services use unique integrations so that customers can foresee incidents, capitalize on opportunities and advance their organizations without having to worry about compliance concerns.
Working with Compyl
Compyl understands the difference each individual can make. We operate with transparency and minimal bureaucracy, provide clear work objectives for employees, and help staff focus on what matters to grow within the organization.
We are looking for motivated, talented people who want to achieve big things. As a Compyl employee, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company.
- Ability to work anywhere in the Tri-state area. We don’t mind, as long as you get your job done.
- A fantastic market niche in an extremely fast-growing market segment with huge untapped customer demand.
- No micromanagement or big-company bureaucracy. Our experienced Co-Founders are there to help you succeed but trust that you are the expert.
We are looking for an ambitious Product Marketing Manager to join our exploding start-up! This role will focus on creating unique messaging to differentiate Compyl in the competitive information technology industry. This will require an in-depth understanding of our competitors, product, market, points of differentiation, and value proposition. As the go-to-market voice, we will rely on your direction to cut through the noise!
Some responsibilities include:
- Identify industry, market, customer needs, and opportunities, ensuring a clear and differentiated position for Compyl.
- Focus on providing and refining messaging and value proposition.
- Work cross-functionally with the sales and marketing teams to support sales enablement tools.
- Ensure content (case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web, and white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of Compyl.
- Own competitive analysis and translate that into a winning message for the sales team.
- Support sales team on customer calls when necessary.
- Develop and implement the entire end-to-end, data-driven Go-To-Market strategy for feature releases by working closely with the Lead Product Manager, Marketing, Customer Success, and UX/UI.
- Keep leadership teams up-to-date on the competitive and market landscape and trends.
- Identify the buying signals customers show when they are looking for information security and compliance solutions.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years in a software product marketing role for Saas company, preferably in the Information Technology industry.
- Experience working for a start-up is a plus
- Prior experience in developing industry/market segment-specific product positioning and targeting, product launches, value propositions, ROI calculators, and promotional materials.
- Proven track record of positioning products effectively to various market segments
- Comfortable with being accountable for key aspects of the Compyl marketing strategy
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasive writing skills
- Ability to take technical information and transform it into engaging, informative materials
- Self-motivated, tech-savvy and has the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- High attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000 – $150,000 per year depending on experience