3D Graphics Engineer
United States · New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Who we are
BioDigital has built the first cloud platform for visualizing the human body in interactive 3D. Similar to Google Earth, but for the human body, our cutting edge technology is used on a global scale by patients and professionals who need a more engaging, visual format for learning about health and medicine. Our unique team is leveraging this work to achieve our mission of improving global health literacy and we are seeking a talented software engineer to help execute on our ambitious goals.
Who you are
You are a 3D Graphics Engineer with the skills and passion needed to contribute to our flagship product, a cutting-edge 3D visualization platform, the BioDigital Human. You are interested in designing, developing and testing web-based 3D graphics applications, are looking to join a small team working at the forefront of new technology and are excited about working on a product that is having a meaningful impact on the health of millions of people.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the development of BioDigital's proprietary 3D engine.
- Optimize our 3D engine to deliver highly performant content across a wide variety of devices and platforms.
- Work with our team of 3D artists to help productionalize new aesthetics, techniques, and optimizations.
- Participate in a collaborative team environment using GitHub, code reviews, and CI.
- Write production-quality code geared towards performance and scalability.
- Work with senior staff to optimize our core rendering engine for deployment across web and mobile platforms.
- Develop and apply 3D rendering algorithms to the visualization of anatomy data.
- Contribute innovative ideas on how to use pioneering 3D technology to bring meaningful work to the world.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Demonstrated work in WebGL, spatial data structures, and profiling tools.
- Passion for working at the intersection of technology and health and a desire to build a cutting-edge health visualization platform.
- Highly motivated, curious, able to work both independently and with a team; hungry to succeed. Ability to develop, test, and deliver.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering & post-processing.
- Experience programming for VR and/or AR environments.
- Experience with 3D content pipelines.
- Experience with open standards such as glTF.
The salary range for this position is $105,000 - $150,000 per year. The actual offer will take into account stock and may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Workplace
BioDigital is committed to equal employment opportunity and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, parental status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.